Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walking taco

Have you ever made a walking taco?  It is so easy and it's actually something I learned how to do at the high school where I substitute teach while I'm pursuing my license.  What you do is brown some hamburger or ground turkey, add taco seasoning mix and let it simmer for ten minutes.  In the meantime, pick out your favorite tortilla or corn chips - Fritos or Doritios or Tostitos in single serving bags.  Crush the chips just a little, scoop on some of the taco meat, put some shredded cheddar, some thinly sliced lettuce, some salsa, some sour cream, grab a fork and chow.  School groups do this a fund raiser.  They charge $2, make a huge roasting pan full of the beef, have boxed of single size chips and usually sell out before the last lunch period is over because everyone loves it so much.

Why am I telling you this?  Because it is what I made for dinner last night.  Ellen had a game she had to cheer for, my husband was with her so it was just the three of us - Audrey, Brandon and me.  I wanted something uber-simple and fun.  We watched Eat Pray Love for the four hundreth time.  Audrey and I worked on giving ourselves pedicures and Brandon talked to us about philosophical ideas like a story from Dante about which sin was the worst: gluttony, adultery or murder.  Deep kid.

I work 12-5 at Edibles today and will have time to make something.  I don't know what just yet.  I actually have to get into the shower so I'll be ready on time to leave.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment