Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 2 or 3 depending on how you look at it!

Dear Reader,

Tonight, it's Chicken, Black Bean and Corn Stoup. Sounds good for a day that started at 4 degrees, doesn't it? So far, it's not smelling that good but I haven't added the lime or cilantro yet. Got you with that, didn't I? Who doesn't love lime and cilantro??

It's been another crazy day. First, let me tell you a little bit about what I mean by freakishly busy. I'm going back to school to get my teaching degree. (I have a business degree but I love kids and want to teach!) I substitute teach in two school districts, work at Edible Arrangements part time and today, I painted with my friend who has a painting business. On top of this, I have three kids - identical twin girls who will be 16 in March and my son, who just turned 13 yesterday. Today, I painted until 3:30, picked up my girls from school, took one of them to tumbling, came home, made phone calls because my daughter needs a flu shot for an intership she wants to do, ate a little something, got back in the car, picked up my daughter, picked up a prescription, dropped off bb's for my friend's son's science project, got the flu shot for the daughter and then came home to make dinner. You see why I need this crazy book?? Can you imagine trying to figure out what's for dinner after all that?? Oiy.

Okay, so we finished the soup. It was a little spicy but I did alter the recipe a bit. I have some fresh jalepenos that I'm trying to use up so I put one in along with a small chipotle pepper - no hot sauce needed. We had a good chunk of bread to go with it and we were good to go with two lunch leftovers. Love that!

Now, I have to go study. Bon noir!

No comments:

Post a Comment