Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan 31, 2011

I don't remember what day I am on the 365 days - I think it may be day 7 or 8 and I am realizing that I am going to have to get my act together and make some grocery lists so that I can make some of the things in this cookbook.

Also, I said I could only have three days off...that was wishful thinking. I need to count up how many recipes that we will never ever in a million years make. Recipes with portabello mushrooms as the main course for instance. Or veal - we just don't eat veal. I can't eat a baby cow. Sorry. Lamb may be a problem but we'll give it a try at least once. And, I just saw a recipe for mussels. Hmm. Not so in to mussels. Maybe I can swap some shrimp for that one. Anyway, there are some recipes that just don't fit our family, so I need to count those up and go from there.

Oh, I got my paper done. Went to bed after midnight, got up at 6 this morning, painted with my friend then worked at Edible Arrangements until 7:20. Came home and made a chicken and super mashers. Basically, it was stir fried chicken with onions and peppers served over mashed potatoes. It was good. But, I do need to go to the store so we aren't just eating the same foods over and over again because that's all I have in the fridge. Gotta be just a wee bit more organized.

So, as this is sort of like a journal for me - no readers so far - hopefully that will change but I won't be holding my breath - I thought I would talk a little about what is going on in the world. Egypt is going crazy. The people are revolting against the president and are demanding democracy. Will that work in an Islamic state? The media is speculating that an extremist Islamic regime may take over. I doubt it. If the people are revolting on the strictness of this regime, it seems doubtful to me that an even stricter regime could take over. It's history in the making.

In other news, we are supposed to get a snow storm that should turn to ice tomorrow. Nice. I'm supposed to work at Edibles from 12-4 tomorrow. We'll see how this goes.

Bonne nuit mes lecteurs
( just used Google translate...it says good night my readers but I just realized that I was using the wrong form of bon all this time. Right up there with misspelling Rachael Ray's name and using her cookbook for a blog. Huh. One of these days I'll get my act together.)

No comments:

Post a Comment