Tuesday, January 25, 2011

day 4

Tonight, it was the Balsamic glazed pork chops with arugula rice pilaf. I had a different kind of boxed rice mix and I must say, I needed two boxes to serve 5 people. And, no arugula....I used baby spinach...not quite the same but you know, close enough. My kids liked it and my husband said, "Why is it that when you cook it, it tastes so much better?" Ummmm. Cause I can cook, Honey! Love him but if it's not spaghetti, well, yeah. Chances are it's not going to be so good.

I had planned on something else -something about Thick Thighs and that being a Compliment- but my husband brought home pork chops which is quite unusual for him. He made a point this morning about asking if everyone would be home for dinner and that, since we all would be, that we would eat around the table instead of heading into the t.v. room for an episode of Wipeout. (Which, truth be told, is quite dangerous to watch while you're eating because of the choking hazard! You take a big bite, someone takes a digger into the lake, and spinach ends up your nose from laughing so hard!) So, he dropped by the grocery to pick up some dinner items. Wasn't that sweet? And, he brought home crusty bread! Score!!

So, dinner was a hit. And I made a list to get me through Sunday. I will grocery shop tomorrow and then be good to go for the rest of the week.

Bon noir! (Good night in French - story about that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment