Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 2 part 2

So, I made the Scramblewiches - recipe number 1. It says that it serves four...well, I cut the bread into eight pieces instead of four and, with five of us eating, there are three left and we all were full. I served it with some chips and fast and dirty caesar salad. (Basically, baby spinach with some Caesar dressing on it. Not exactly the real thing but it's tasty and gets our veggies in.)

Scramblewiches are a baguette (mine was good sized) with scrambled eggs, meat (I used deli ham) and cheese. It called for slices of cheese but I had shredded cheddar in both sharp and mild and I used some of each. The spice was hot sauce...I wonder what it would taste like with some dijon mustard smeared on the bread before the eggs, ham and cheese went in. I think I would like that. Hmmm. Maybe next time.

It was fast which was good because the husband, Ken, brought one daughter home from a competition and had to take the other daughter to her basketball game. My son, basketball playing daughter and I went to church and then Costco for free samples (not really but my husband kids us that the only reason we go.) and had just gotten home. Completion time for Scramblewiches - about 10 minutes from start to finish.

I'll have to see what I'll pick for tomorrow. See you then!

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment